Saturday, April 12, 2014

Phase 1 -- Quick Remake

I removed the windscreen and bags today.  Plus restored the chrome passenger pegs back to the original black ones.  The chrome pegs sit the passenger's legs higher.  I wanted my wife to have a little more legroom and to eliminate a bit of chrome.

The windscreen came off quickly (using USA sized allen wrench), but I left the bracket in place.  That will require more effort to remove the bracket.

I pulled the bags off and luckily the spare parts I received had the original bolts.  The bag mountings were fashioned with longer bolts and some oversized nuts as spacers.  Very clever mounting.

With the screen and bags off the bike looks less heavy.



I will ride it a bit with this setup.  There is chrome EVERYWHERE.  There was a small plastic chrome cover over a chrome bracket under the windscreen.  That's gone, but much more remains.

Note: my wife is expressing interest in riding with me again, so a pure bobber solo experience may be out of the question.  I think there is still plenty of improvement that can be made on this bike even with passenger arrangement.  Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment