Sunday, April 20, 2014

Moving Toward Back To Stock

I replaced the after-market chrome and rubber foot boards with the stock rubber ones. This grounded the look of the bike quite a bit.  I also pulled off all the extra chrome bits where I could easily (like the chrome rear brake fluid reservoir cover). What is happening is the bike is becoming lighter and tighter looking.

There's a bunch of chrome bits that can't be removed.  I will powder coat these in the future when moving toward the bobber look.

I did replace the clear turn signal plastic with the stock orange ones. This was a big look change. Plus I pulled the headlight and front turn signal chrome "bills". Fugly.



A few final changes are coming. New post when these are done. Then we'll consider moving toward the custom, bobber modifications.

Update: discovered that the chrome embellishment on the tail-light was a bolt on piece of plastic over the stock lens.  GONE!


No comments:

Post a Comment