Friday, October 14, 2016

Front end done

I completed the front end by finishing up the upper fork covers. Here they are in all their splendor. I purchased raw aluminum tubing with an internal diameter of 44mm to go over the 43mm fork tubes, cut them to length (7") and painted them with rattle-can gloss black. I used a little electrical tape wound around the tops and bottoms of the upper tubes to keep make up the 1mm difference in diameter so they fit tight. Looks pretty good.

The rest of the pictures are the various steps involved.

The raw upper tubes.

Tubing cut to length, sanded and washed with soap and hot water to remove any oils, thus the paper towel.


Both tubes. Pre-installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment