Thursday, May 8, 2014

Lights, Camera, .... Planning

The tail light and rear turns arrived yesterday.  I positioned the tail using some double-faced tape to see where it would look best on the curved fender.  Something like this:



This puts the light facing directly backwards with the plate on an angle.  I attached an old plate to see where the fender might be cut and outlined it with black tape.


The plate would hang over just a bit of the fender.

Next I replaced the orange lens with red lens on one of the turn signals and in the process found that the turns have a running light in them. Very good.  Extra light in the rear.

I tried a couple of locations.



I'm thinking of mounting the turns off the tail light using a tubular mount like on the front of the bike. This will take a bit more planning to find suitable tubing.  More as I progress.

My plan is to NOT disable the existing lighting until I have the new lighting working, then I will remove the old, and THEN cut the fender.  I want as little down time as possible during this build.

No comments:

Post a Comment