Saturday, August 6, 2016

Tail/turns/stop lights take 3

I completed the new tail/turns/stop light on the bobber. I reused the fancy LED lights and the previous tail/turn/stop circuitry and fashioned a new mounting bracket that tucks under the seat rail. Lights are fully visible with the fender in place.

Off

Tail lights on

Tail lights and RH turn flashing (caught in mid flash)


Brake lights on

I relocated the axle plate holder from the RH side to the LH side and reversed the axle bolt so the nut fits on the LH side. This will make adjustments and changes to the plate holder easier. Still working on how to illuminate the plate without a bunch of wires showing. Not a problem for now as long as I don't go out at night.

And while I had the fender and tire off, I went ahead and detabbed the old chain guard mounts cleaning up the softtail suspension a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment