Monday, May 4, 2015

Finally, seat's done

Boy a lot of water under this damn. Got the seat hinge applied as per the previous post and ordered seat and seat spring bungs. I found that the seat sat too far back and the springs would not rest on the bar as intended so had to have the seat hinge modified to allow the seat to move another inch forward. That took a long while as my fabricator does this work in his off hours and was gone on a week long conference, plus I was rebuilding and painting my horse barn so the bobber was a back burner project. Ok, enough excuses.

Seat hinge modified. Seat installed. 4" seat springs purchased. Then had my son weld the seat bungs.  Cleaned up everything and painted the bungs and rail. Done!



Next will be ordering a fender and fabricating the mounts for that.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment